Your days sailing adventure
Our tour is about the whole bay of islands and the marine environment (not just about dolphins). We are a sailing tour that actively seeks dolphins, with the intent to swim ( conditions permitting), while also experiencing the beauty of the Bay of Islands.
Your 6hr day adventure includes
- Your relaxing day sail
- Your chance to feel the magic of Wild Dolphins – Dolphin watching and /or ocean swim
- Untouched beaches on Island stopover
- Safe and easy Snorkeling
- Beautiful island scenic walks
Sail the Bay of Islands – New Zealand
- Sail amongst the beautiful bay of Islands on our 50ft spacious sailing catamaran “CARINO NZ”, our yacht is purpose built for day sailing in the Bay of Islands
- Help the crew set and trim the sails
- Relax and enjoy your view from our spacious decks
- You can watch for penguins, petrels and other ocean birds
Wild Dolphin observing and/ or swimming
- We are the only sailing yacht licensed by Department of Conservation to interact with dolphins in the Bay of Islands
- Your chance to swim with wild dolphins. Here in the Bay of Islands we have very strict rules and regulations for conduct around wild dolphins. (conditions apply)
- You see wild dolphins acting as they do in the wild
- Learn from our experienced crew to understand and appreciated the magic of wild dolphins
- Watch our adopted dolphins “ Bad Jelly and Jim” or other dolphins we know by sight and their names
- We are conscious of the need to protect the dolphins and respect their habitat. Interaction with the dolphins (especially swimming) is at the dolphins’ invitation. (DOC regulations)
- Enjoy baby dolphin calves learning to swim ( birthing season late spring to summer)
- The Bay of Islands is a unique location for bottlenose dolphins, as it provides them with abundant food and security for resting and breeding and is part of their large home territory
- On board Carino NZ, great viewing of dolphins is to be had all around the yacht. Here in the Bay of Islands we have very strict rules and regulations for conduct around wild dolphins. This includes a 50m approach distance, for the welfare of our wild dolphins.
- See our ‘swim with dolphins guidelines’
- A portion of your fare goes towards dolphin research in the Bay of Islands
Explore island beaches and island walks
- Your skipper will find a suitable calm island cove to enjoy. A wide range of activities awaits
- Snorkelling – all equipment is provided. See our ‘snorkelling tips’
- Scenic walks on Department of Conservation tracks are accessible on all islands, with spectacular Bay views.
- You relax on the beach in the sun, or maybe beach comb for that unique shell souvenir
- The BBQ lunch is held back aboard CARINO NZ. It is a kiwi style BBQ. Vegetarians are also catered for on request. CARINO NZ has a fully licensed bar, with a range of New Zealand beers wines and cool drinks.